Antique Print, Aberdeen, from above the Chain Bridge, 1842
The Port of Aberdeen was regarded as the safest and most commodious in Scotland. It is the place where commerce first took place in Scotland.
The Chain Bridge also known as the Wellington Suspension bridge was opened to pedestrians in November 1830 and to traffic in May 1831
This interesting steel engraving by W.H.Bartlett, engraved by S.Bradshaw is from “The Ports, Harbours and Coast Scenery of Great Britain”. Illustrated by views taken on the spot, by W.H.Bartlett, with descriptions by William Beattie. Published by George Virtue, 1842.
Size 27 x 20 cm. Condition Good.