Antique, hand coloured, copperplate engraving of Chiswick House from the Thames . "Vue d'une des Maison de Plaisance et d'une partie du Parc du Compte de Burlington du cote de la Tamise" Chiswick House was built by the Earl of Burlington in 1729. In 1758 it passed to the Cavendish family. In 1929 it was sold to the Middlesex County Council. This is one of the Vues d'Optique meant to be shown through a Zograscope, or Peepshow, Published in 1760.