Antique Print, Chapel of Our Lady of Coldspring, 1839
Regular price£25.00 Sale
Coldspring Chapel was built in 1833 in the Greek Revival style, on the banks of the Hudson River, in the heart of the Highlands opposite West Point. Coldspring Chapel was established to serve the Irish immigrants who were employment at the West Point Foundry in Cold Spring, and their families. Foundry owner Governor Kemble donated the land and funds. This is an original steel engraving from “American Scenery by N.P.Willis Esq. Illustrated by W.H. Bartlett” engraved by R.Brandard, Published for the Proprietors by George Virtue, 1839.