Antique Print, Glasgow, New Bridge and Broomielaw, 1842
Regular price£28.00 Sale
The River Clyde was an important route bringing trade to Glasgow.The Broomielaw Bridge was re-designed by Thomas Telford, and opened in 1836. It was faced with Aberdeen granite. Europe’s first commercial steamer service in the form of Henry Bell’s “Comet” departed from the Broomielaw in 1812. This interesting steel engraving by W.H.Bartlett, engraved by R.Wallis is from “The Ports, Harbours and Coast Scenery of Great Britain”. Illustrated by views taken on the spot, by W.H.Bartlett, with descriptions by William Beattie. Published by George Virtue, 1842.